Teeth Whitening in Farmington Hills
Brighten Your Smile with Dr. Shlafer
Nobody should feel self-conscious about smiling. If you have stained or yellow teeth, we offer two different teeth whitening options to enhance your smile.
Explore our guide to learn about our professional teeth whitening treatments.
What Causes Stained Teeth?
There are several factors that can lead to stained teeth. Some of these include:
- Poor Oral Hygiene -- If you don’t brush your teeth and floss every day, bacteria will accumulate in your mouth and wear down your enamel.
- Tobacco -- Smoking or chewing tobacco leaves nicotine stains that can cause your teeth to appear yellow.
- Certain Foods and Drinks -- Foods such as blueberries and pomegranates, as well as beverages including coffee, tea, red wine, and soda, can stain your teeth.
- Some Medications -- Antibiotics like tetracycline and doxycycline may contribute to stained teeth.
- Age -- As you get older, your teeth tend to lose their natural shine and become discolored.
BriteSmile® In-Office Teeth Whitening
BriteSmile offers maximum convenience, allowing you to enjoy a dazzling smile after just one short appointment. If you choose this treatment, Dr. Shlafer will apply the BriteSmile whitening gel to your teeth and activate it with a special, patented light.
The gel will eliminate stains and discoloration from your teeth in roughly an hour, providing you with a stunning smile. You can listen to music, watch television, or simply relax during your treatment for a comfortable experience.
Nite White® Take-Home Teeth Whitening
For patients who prefer to treat themselves in the comfort of their own home, we also feature the Nite White system. Using a patented carbamide peroxide formula, Nite White whitening gel removes stains from your teeth to create a brighter and glossier appearance.
Application is easy -- all you have to do is fill your customized whitening trays with the gel and wear them overnight. In as little as seven to ten nights, you can enjoy all the benefits of a stunning smile.
Visit Dr. Shlafer for Teeth Whitening
If you’re unsatisfied with the shade of your teeth, Dr. Shlafer can help you achieve your dream smile. No matter which option you choose, he’ll ensure you achieve the results you’re looking for.
Call our office in Farmington Hills at (248) 781-0040 and schedule a free consultation today.