Brighten Your Smile With Dr. Shlafer
Your smile is often one of the first things people notice about you. Unfortunately, it can be hard to smile with confidence when you have stained or yellow teeth.
If you’re one of these patients, Dr. Shlafer offers two convenient options for teeth whitening at our practice.
What Causes Stained Teeth?
Stained or discolored teeth can result from a variety of factors. Some of these include:
- Inadequate Oral Hygiene — It’s crucial to brush your teeth and floss every day to preserve the health and appearance of your teeth.
- Tobacco — Smoking or chewing tobacco both leave nicotine stains on your teeth that cause them to look yellow over time.
- Certain Foods and Beverages — Foods such as blueberries, pomegranates, and curry can leave dark stains on your teeth; the same is true of beverages like coffee, tea, red wine, and soda.
- Some Medications — Antibiotics like tetracycline and doxycycline can contribute to stained teeth.
- Age — As you get older, your teeth will inevitably lose some of their natural shine and may eventually grow discolored.
BriteSmile® In-Office Whitening
If you want immediate results, Dr. Shlafer will recommend our BriteSmile in-office treatment. The procedure only takes one short appointment to make your teeth several shades whiter.
During your visit, Dr. Shlafer will apply the BriteSmile whitening gel to your teeth and activate it with a special dental light. This process will remove stains and discoloration from your teeth in as little as one hour, maximizing your time in the dental chair. You can even listen to music or watch television during your treatment for maximum comfort.
Nite White® Take-Home Whitening Kits
While the in-office procedure is quicker, some patients prefer to treat themselves in the comfort of their own home. The Nite White system uses a patented gel to eliminate stains on your teeth, providing you with a brighter and more attractive smile. These take-home whitening kits give you all the tools you need to achieve stunning results on your own.
Application is easy — simply fill your customized trays with the bleaching gel and wear them overnight while you sleep. In just seven to ten nights, you’ll be ready to show off your new smile to everyone you know.
Visit Dr. Shlafer For Teeth Whitening
If you’re self-conscious about the shade of your teeth, Dr. Shlafer can help restore your confidence. No matter which whitening option you choose, he’ll help you achieve a flawless smile that will sparkle like never before.
Call our office in Farmington Hills at (248) 781-0040 and schedule a free consultation today.