Restore Your Smile with Dr. Shlafer
Dental implants are a permanent, natural-looking solution for missing teeth. They consist of a titanium post that replaces your natural tooth root, a small connecting piece called an abutment, and a stunning porcelain crown.
If you’re missing more than one tooth, Dr. Shlafer can use multiple implants to secure a dental bridge or customized dentures. He can even replace a full arch of missing teeth with just four dental implants, using the All-on-4 method.
No matter how many teeth you’re missing, dental implants can help you achieve a healthy and beautiful smile that will last a lifetime with proper care.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants offer several advantages that other tooth replacement options can’t match. Some of these include:
- Look and function like real teeth
- Secured to your jaw
- Never removed
- Resistant to infection
- Easy to maintain
- Stimulates healthy jawbone growth
- Can last a lifetime with proper care
The Dental Implant Process
The dental implant process consists of three steps that are completed over the course of a few months:
- Free Consultation -- Your treatment begins with an initial consultation, where Dr. Shlafer will evaluate your health and determine if implants are right for you.
- Implant Placement -- Once he signs off that you’re ready, Dr. Shlafer will place the titanium implant directly in your jaw and protect the surgical area. At this point, you’ll need to allow three to six months for osseointegration, the process of your implant fusing with your jawbone.
- Restoration -- After the healing process is finished, Dr. Shlafer will attach the abutment and restoration to complete your implant solution. Depending on your case, the restoration may be a crown, bridge, or denture.
For patients who are short on time and still have plenty of healthy jawbone tissue, Dr. Shlafer may be able to attach your restoration immediately after placing your implant. This treatment is called Teeth-in-a-Day, and it allows you to enjoy the benefits of a healthy and beautiful smile after just one appointment.
Are You a Candidate For Dental Implants?
Any patient who wants a tooth replacement that restores their smile and protects their health is a potential candidate for dental implants. To ensure a successful treatment, you’ll need to have a strong jawbone and healthy gums.
If you suffer from jawbone deterioration or gum disease, don’t worry -- Dr. Shlafer can prepare you for implants with a supplemental procedure. Thanks to advanced treatments such as bone grafting and soft tissue augmentation, more patients are able to receive implants than ever before.
After your surgical area has healed, you can care for your implants just like natural teeth. Make sure to brush and floss every day in addition to visiting Dr. Shlafer for checkups every six months.
As long as your implant surgery is performed by an experienced, qualified dentist, you have nothing to worry about. With over 30 years of placing implants behind him, Dr. Shlafer can ensure your health and safety during treatment.
If you have any questions about your insurance, our team will be happy to help you maximize your benefits.
Instead, call our practice right away and Dr. Shlafer will see you as soon as possible.
Visit Dr. Shlafer For Dental Implants
Don’t let missing teeth impact your health -- call our office at (248) 781-0040 to schedule your free consultation with Dr. Shlafer. It’s the first step to your new smile.